Thursday, October 1, 2009

Blood and Oil

Although I was not in the past class due to medical problems, I did see the e-mail, and watched the film ‘Blood and Oil’. I loved this film, the subject matter actually has always interested me. I have knows about the American’s addiction to oil, I see it everywhere. My mother works for the county back home, so she is always talking about oil prices with my father, but mainly just saying that she is lucky she doesn’t have to deal with them. I hear it from friends and family, and the media. With the ties to the Middle East, America has always just barged in and thought that what was there should rightfully be ours. This happened so much that eventually we wanted to use brute force to get said oil, which makes my own country seem like the big bully on the playground, get whatever we want at whatever cost, just step all over the little guys.

It shocked me to learn exactly how far though America went when it came to military force, like the whole establishment in Saudi Arabia. Also, how the Chinese and Russians were then brought into it, if we are so prepared to fight for our oil, imagine getting into it with the Chinese and Russians! All in all, this movie was very enlightening, and shows my country in a different light. I can also now understand a little more on why we are so involved in the Middle East. It all comes down to they have what we want, oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment